auerbach.center is committed to protecting your privacy and will use any personal information that we collect about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, as well as the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
auerbach.center engages in certain sponsorship and fundraising activities in support of its own projects.
What information do we collect?
We collect various types of personal information from you such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number and other information that is publicly available.
We collect your personal information in a number of different ways:
– when you register on our website by making an online inquiry or signing up to receive our email newsletters;
– when you communicate with us via email or post;
– when we meet you in person;
– from publicly available sources;
– we may occasionally receive information about you from third-party research companies which provide general information about you, compiled using only publicly available data.
We may sometimes ask you to provide sensitive personal information. As with all the personal information we hold, sensitive information is held securely and restricted to those who need to use it. We will delete all sensitive information when we no longer need it.
Legal basis for processing
We will only process your personal data in accordance with a lawful basis under data protection legislation. Therefore we will only process your personal data:
– in order to perform a contract (where you make a sponsorship donation for instance)
– in circumstances where the purposes are in our legitimate organizational interests (and only where there is no overriding prejudice to you), for instance, if we are contacting you about opportunities for your company to sponsor or donate to an auerbach.center-related project. Please read more about this under ‘How do we use your data?’
– with your explicit consent (where we send you communications by email about opportunities to make a donation or sponsor a project as a private individual rather than as a company OR where we need to process your sensitive personal data).
How do we use your data?
Sponsorship and fundraising communications: We may email you specifically targeted communications alerting you to a fundraising or sponsorship opportunity but we will only do so where we have first obtained your specific consent to receive such communications from us. This applies only when we are contacting you in your private capacity as a potential private donor and may not apply if we are contacting you in connection with your company sponsorship policy. You can withdraw your consent to receiving these communications at any time by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any email you have received from us, or by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
Profiling and wealth screening: We want to ensure that our communications to our supporters and potential supporters are personal, relevant and timely. Before contacting you we may seek additional information including business network information and publicly available information relating to: residential location, wealth and assets, family*, career, donations to other organizations (including political parties where they are made public by the individual) and hobbies and interests to create a profile of their interests and preferences. This helps us understand the background of the people who may choose to support our projects and helps us to make requests for gifts to those who may be able and willing to give.
Publicly available information comes from the public sources, your biography on your work or related websites, information that has been published in articles/ newspapers, Linked In and other charity and arts organizations websites.
We may also use publicly sourced images to help identify individuals who attend our special events.
* This does not include information about children unless given personally by the individual concerned.
We may use third-party wealth screening and insight companies to provide us with information about you that will help us to communicate in a relevant way with you, in particular when we are approaching you about potential sponsorship donations and support. Such information is compiled using only publicly available data about you.
Safety and security of your personal information
Your personal information is always held securely by auerbach.center. Access to our data is strictly controlled and the CRM system can only be accessed by people who need it to do their job. Certain data, for example, some sensitive data, is additionally controlled and is only made visible to members of staff who have a reason to work with it. Your data is held in the USA and the processes are USA and EU compliant.
We may need to disclose your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
We do not sell personal details to third parties for any purpose.
Generally we will only share information where it is necessary for the purpose of concluding a contractual arrangement with you (such as processing a sponsorship contract), or where it is in our legitimate organizational interests (for example, if we run an event in partnership with another named organization your details may need to be shared in order that they can help us run the event). If such processing or sharing ever relate to your sensitive personal data, we will always do so only with your explicit consent.
Third parties may process data on our behalf and on our instruction, and we require that any such third party complies strictly with all relevant applicable data protection laws.
You have the following rights relating to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of personal information held about you
- The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
- The right to withdraw consent
- The right to request us to stop processing your personal data or restrict processing
- The right to ask us to erase your data permanently
- The right to lodge a complaint
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
Changes to this policy:
We may change this policy from time to time if we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on our website or by contacting you directly. This notice was last updated on 12 September 2018.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org